Taco Tuesdays have always been a common theme amongst college towns, so try substituting your usual Tuesdays tacos for a hot homemade quesadilla!
2 flour tortillas
1 handful (or half cup) of shredded mexican blend cheese
1-2 of a poblano or serrano pepper
Guacamole or Salsa
1. Slice the peppers and the onions.
2. Drizzle with a little olive oil and add some salt and pepper.
3. Grill them on the panini for 1-2 minutes.
4. Take them off and lay one of the two tortillas on the panini maker.
5. Add the cheese on top, but leave a 1/4 inch ring along the edge without cheese -making it look sort of like pizza crust.
-(Adding too much cheese will cause the cheese to ooze out everywhere and creates a huge mess, the 1/4 inch ring will avoid this. Trust me, I learned the hard way!)
6. Add the veggies on top of the cheese and the 2nd tortilla.
7. Grill for 3 minutes, or until crunchy.
8. Add whatever kind of toppings you like on the side, and then serve.
Because this dish can be made in so many different ways, each one of these ingredients has many of their own substitutes. For example, the serrano or the poblano pepper can be substituted for a red, green or yellow bell pepper and the cheese can be whatever kind you want. Be creative!
PS: Serving with a margarita can easily enhance this meal, after all this is college. 🙂